Our Boston North Shore Summer 2019 Bucket List
What To Do Before Summer Ends
Ahh, summer in Boston. For many of us this is the season that we most look forward to all year long, especially after a long and grueling New England winter and a (more often than not) lackluster spring. And who can blame us for counting down the days until summer?
Summertime near Boston means sunshine, beach days, ice cream, small towns, and especially happiness.
Finally the days are getting longer (and warmer). If you’re a parent, chances are summer also means countless days of little ones saying “I’m bored!” Well, we are here to help you combat your boredom! Mainly, we’ve just been daydreaming about summertime, but we figured we’d put that to good use. So without further ado:
Summer 2019 Bucket List!
- Put your toes in the sand.
- Do a fun art project.
- Get some goodies at a local farmer’s market! Find your local farmer’s market here.
- Go on a picnic.
- Complete a DIY project.
- Make (and then devour) some S’Mores.
- Check out some local kid-friendly events! We love the Stevens Coolidge Estate in nearby North Andover MA.
- See some butterflies at The Butterfly Place in Westford MA
- Eat ALL the ice cream! Check out these local ice cream places:
Attend an outdoor concert! Many towns near Boston and the North Shore have free outdoor concerts throughout the summer.
- Lowell Summer Music series has concerts and shows that are also totally free and fun for kids and families.
- Splish and splash at a water park or splash pad.
- Have some fun at an amusement park or arcade.
- Catch some fireworks.
- Watch the sunset.
- Explore a new town.
- Wish on a star.
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Run through a sprinkler.
- Play hide and seek.
- Have a yard sale so you can get rid of what you don’t need.
- Tie-dye a shirt and then wear it.
- Make a kite and then fly it.
- Explore nature!
Have a lemonade stand.
- You can also give back by supporting Alex’s Lemonade Stand
Go swimming–pool, lake, or beach!
- Check out this blog post for some of our favorite beaches in the area.
- Look for fireflies!
- You can also help scientists with the Mass. Audubon Firefly Watch
- Make up a nature scavenger hunt–or use this one!
- Go to the zoo!
Go to a baseball game! Summer in Boston means Red Sox, but they’re not the only team you can watch.
- Lowell Spinners Lowell MA
- Go to a museum!
- Go mini golfing!
- Spread some joy with random acts of kindness.
Check out our Pinterest board for more ideas–and then go have some summer fun!
When you and your family check something off of our bucket list, let us know. First, post your photos on social media, then tag us, and finally use the hashtag #CrabappleSummer so we can see how much fun you’re having this summer!
Crabapple Photography is located in Andover MA and serves clients in surrounding towns including Topsfield, Chelmsford, Reading, and Woburn. Kate McKenna has over ten years experience photographing families and children both in studio and outdoors. Contact Kate today to book a session of your own.