Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Only Get Digitals
“I think we’ll just get the digitals” is something we hear frequently around here. And we totally understand the appeal! With a new baby, or a toddler running around, or a whole family to keep track of, life is crazy already. The idea of going through your whole gallery to choose which photos to get as prints or products such as a canvas, or in an album can seem daunting. So it might seem like the perfect answer to this craziness is getting the digitals. For many people who just decide to go with digitals, the idea of printing them at a later date is always in the plans. But then time goes by, and life continues in all of its craziness and the next thing you know, your little one is a teenager and those digitals are still gathering “dust” on your hard drive.
I cannot count how many times I have had clients admit to me that the last time they had professional photos taken was at their wedding. And more often than not, they never even had those printed!
Options Beyond Digitals
The great thing about going beyond digitals is that these prints and products are keepsakes that will last for years and even generations! I have family portraits from when my grandparents were little. And I love the idea that my children will have prints and albums of their own to keep and share. These days there are so many different options, which means there truly is something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for loose prints to put into frames you already own. Or perhaps looking to have a print professionally framed. Maybe you prefer the sleek look of a wrapped canvas. And some people just are not big on wall art but prefer a stunning and sturdy fine art album.
No matter what your choice, my team and I are here to help. We not only help you choose, but to also get everything finalized, ordered, and shipped to your door. My goal is to take all the stress out of the process!
Here is a brief summary of all of the products that we offer. You can click the links below to read more about each product and to see examples.
Types of Prints and Products
- Fine Art Albums–Completely customized high end albums with thick durable pages and padded covers. Can include photos from one session or multiple.
- Press Printed Albums–Thin and lightweight customizable albums. Available in a variety of sizes and finishes.
- Gallery Wrap Canvases–Classic and timeless. These are sturdy, versatile, and available in a variety of sizes.
- Framed Artwork–Professionally printed and framed with high quality work. Available in different shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Wall Printed Artwork–Unframed high quality prints with a durable styrene backing.
- Desk and Gift Artwork–Professionally printed with the highest quality paper and ink. Standard sizes to easily fit into frames.
- Storyboards–Custom designed collages printed together on one piece on high quality paper.
- Christmas and Holiday Products–Fully customizable Christmas tree ornaments and Christmas cards. Available in numerous shapes, types, and able to be customized with your last name, child’s name, and the year.
For inspiration for everything from newborn portraits to wall gallery ideas check out my Pinterest page! I have boards for every milestone session (as well as miscellaneous other topics!)
Did you already have your session and now you’re wishing you could purchase additional prints or products? Send me an email and I am more than happy to work with you to get you the products of your dreams!
Crabapple Photography is a boutique photography studio located in Andover MA. We serve clients from around the Greater Boston, North Shore, Merrimack Valley areas and beyond. Kate McKenna has been photographing babies, children, and families of all ages since 2009. In addition to having a passion for photography, Kate also has a passion for crafting keepsakes for her clients. This means working with each client to choose the perfect prints and products for them. Contact Kate today to learn more.